REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership
must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete the online American Legion Membership application by clicking here. Applications are also available from Post members.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to Rathdrum Post 154, PO Box 1116, Rathdrum, Idaho, 83858 together with your dues payment and a copy of your DD214.
2. Copy of DD214 Discharge. Click Here to get a copy of your DD214 if you've misplaced yours.
3. Membership Dues Payment of $45. Make checks payable to Rathdrum Post 154. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct and once your membership is approved please attend the next meeting on the 4th of each month to receive your membership packet and card. If you are unable to attend please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
ELIGIBILITY DATES - Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following
a. Completed MEMBERSHIP DATA FORM.
b. Copy of DD214 or DISCHARGE
c. Copy of MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, John Fevold.